Eller Emerging Leaders Community in La Paz Residence Hall
Pre-Business freshmen are given an amazing opportunity to live, learn, and socialize with their peers inside the classroom and in their residence hall community.
A Pre-Business Living-Learning Community is available in Colonia de la Paz Residence Hall to give students the opportunity to live with other pre-business students during their first year of college. Any motivated Eller freshmen student who will be living on campus can apply. The application is available each year on this website, and review of applications will begin in November.
The goals of the Pre-Business Living-Learning Community are:
- To encourage community among Pre-Business Freshmen
- To allow career and major exploration for Pre-Business students
- To offer opportunities for continued development while part of the Eller College of Management
Highlights of the Pre-Business Living-Learning Community in La Paz include:
- Convenient “Quick Advising” in La Paz throughout the year
- Common classes with other members of the Pre-Business Living-Learning Community, including a required one-unit course (HED 197A) in the Fall semester for only Eller Emerging Leaders
- Professional development events through the Eller Professional Development Center
- Team-building activities with Eller students and staff
- Mentoring with upper-division Eller students
- Networking opportunities with business faculty, alumni, and professionals
How to Apply
If you are an entering pre-business freshman and are interested in being part of the Pre-Business Living-Learning Community in La Paz:
- Apply for on-campus housing through Residence Life by going online to www.life.arizona.edu and following the housing application instructions.
- Please note that you must be accepted to live on campus by Residence Life before you can be offered a space on the Eller Pre-Business Living-Learning Community.
- Fill out and submit the online Eller Pre-Business Living-Learning Community Statement of Intent through the Eller College Undergraduate Programs website.
- Submit a resume and cover letter by email to the La Paz Living-Learning Community Coordinator.
- A resume and cover letter are requested as part of the application process because they are integral to the success of future business leaders. For more information on how to prepare a resume and cover letter, please view the Eller Professional Development Center's Resume and Cover Letter resource page.
For more information on the Eller Pre-Business Living-Learning Community in La Paz, please contactMarisa Trevino the La Paz Living-Learning Community Coordinator, at the Eller College Undergraduate Programs Office (520.621.2505 or fax 520.621.8559).
For additional information, please contact us.
Photo of Colonia de la Paz Residence Hall courtesy Moule + Polyzoides Architects + Urbanists.