The Eller Student Excellence Fund provides students and student organizations with funding for events that will benefit their learning and development.
One percent of the money accumulated through differential fees has been set aside for the Excellence Fund. The ESEF allocates money from the Student Enrichment Fund each semester through a number of grants. All awarded grants require that the parties involved to present what was gained/learned/experienced to the ESEF.
To maximize learning opportunities and improve the experience for Eller College of Management students.
Who We Are
The Eller Student Excellence Fund (ESEF) consists of three Eller student leaders and two non-voting staff members.
ESEF Funding Requirements and Application
The board allocates money to students or students organizations based on the following criteria:
- Students must be:
- Profesionally admitted to Eller or
- Eller pre-business majors or
- BA economics majors
- Student organizations must be FESO-recognized
The board will allocate the money upon consideration of the enrichment and contribution to the Eller community.
The application for funding must be completed in full and according to directions. If a club or individual fails to meet any part of the board’s requirements, they will not be considered as an applicant until the application is correctly completed.
- The applicant must have a sponsoring advisor (faculty member or academic advisor).
- Events should be as open and affordable as possible to all students.
We will not fund business ventures.
In preparing your application, thoroughly plan your event and contact all vendors to be certain your plans are acceptable to them. Our office can advise you of steps to take and work with you, but will not make any arrangements for your event.
Applications are accepted until February 13, 2015 and applicants will be notified by February 20, 2015 on their status for funds.
Want to Join?
The Eller Student Excellence Fund is always accepting applications for new members. If you are interested in working with a small group and want to become more involved with Eller, contact Pam Perry, Associate Dean, at email@example.com.
Funded projects include:
- Nationwide Biz Quiz with the Wall Street Journal in Columbus, OH
- TEDx Tucson Talks
- Eller Unity Board Native American Heritage Month Activities
- Alpha Kappa Psi Principled Business Leadership Institute in Reno, NV
- Eller Make A Difference Day
- Emory University Business Schools Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA
- Project Tradeshow Las Vegas, NV
- Alpha Kappa Psi Do You ROCK Online? Assembly
- Eller Unity Board African-American Heritage Month Activities
- American Marketing Association International Collegiate Case Competition in New Orleans, LA
- Visit with Warren Buffet in Omaha, NE
- National Annual Meeting for Students Consulting for Non-profit Organizations
- Beta Alpha Psi Student to Professional National Conference
- Sustainability Conference at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA
- Junior Achievement Stock Market Challenge
- UBSLC Leadership Conference at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- Corporate Friday in Phoenix
Current Board Members
- Alexadra Rooney
- Eva Herman
- Evan Quinn
- Barbara Lundquist, Administrative Associate, Undergraduate Programs, Eller College of Management