The Eller Student Excellence Fund provides students and student organizations with funding for events that will benefit their learning and development.
One percent of the money accumulated through Eller differential fees has been set aside for the Excellence Fund. The ESEF allocates money from the Student Enrichment Fund each semester through a number of grants. All awarded grants require that the parties involved present what was gained/learned/experienced to the ESEF student board. The Eller Student Excellence Fund board consists of five Eller student leaders and two non-voting staff members.
The mission of this funding is to maximize student learning and engagement opportunities and improve the experience for Eller College of Management students.
ESEF is looking for new board members for the 2019-2020 academic year!
The time commitment to reside on the board is one hour per week, with the meeting time set by the board prior to the semester. All Eller majors or intended majors graduating after May 2020 are welcome to apply.
The application is due by Tuesday, March 26th by 11:59PM.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
If you are interested, please apply at this link.
ESEF Funding Requirements and Application
Criteria to apply: (see application for full details)
- Students must be:
- Professionally admitted to Eller or
- Eller pre-business majors or
- BA economics majors
- Organizations requesting funding must be FESO-recognized
- Requests benefit not only the students participating but also the Eller community as a whole
- The budget must be well thought out, descriptive, and realistic.
- Organizations should have a sponsoring advisor (faculty member, career coach, or academic advisor).
- Pre/post travel review/coaching or competition preparation will be required
- Applicants should expect to provide some personal funding. Typically ESEF does not fund more than $1,000 for a request.
- Clear University of Arizona business purpose, ie. How purchase benefits The University of Arizona as much or more than the individual student(s).
- Submit all pre-departure paperwork (risk and release form etc.) and post event/conference requirements (presentation, blog post etc.) as determined by the board.
Funding will be distributed as follows:
- Expense reimbursement to the individual students (receipts must be kept)
- Direct purchases by the Undergraduate Department
- Direct purchases by ESEF
*Cannot reimburse if personal credit is used, ie. Uber credit or travel points
The application for funding must be completed in full and according to directions. If a club or individual fails to meet any part of the board’s requirements, they will not be considered as an applicant until the application is correctly completed. We do recommend submitting requests early so that revisions can be made as the board meets weekly.
In preparing your application, thoroughly plan your event and contact all vendors to be certain your plans are acceptable to them. Our office can advise you of steps to take and work with you, but will not make any arrangements for your event.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis each semester and applicants will be notified on their status for funds within a week of the board meeting. Applications should be submitted at least two weeks before the date of the event to guarantee review. In order to keep costs at a minimum, we ask that applications requesting funds for airfare be submitted two months prior to the event date.
Previous Funded projects include:
- SXSW Conference 2017 in Austin, TX
- Eller Social Media Club- Microsoft HQ Visit in Seattle, WA
- Eller Social Media Club - Google, LinkedIn, 3Q Digital, CA
- MIS Grace Hopper Conference
- Delta Sigma Pi - LEAD Conference, San Diego, CA
- ALPFA West Regional Symposium in Anaheim, CA
- Nationwide Biz Quiz with the Wall Street Journal in Columbus, OH
- Negotiation Competition at Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business in Waco, Texas.
- Alpha Kappa Psi Principled Business Leadership Institute in Reno, NV
- Eller Make A Difference Day
- Emory University Business Schools Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA
- Chicago Booth's Emerging Markets Summit
- ALPFA Collegiate Regional Symposium in Los Angeles, CA
- American Marketing Association International Collegiate Case Competition in New Orleans, LA
- Visit with Warren Buffet in Omaha, NE
- National Annual Meeting for Students Consulting for Non-profit Organizations
- Beta Alpha Psi Student to Professional National Conference
- Sustainability Conference at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA
- Coyotes Breaking Into Sports Conference in Glendale, AZ
- Women in Cyber Security Conference 2017
- Delta Sigma Pi 2018 Western LEAD Provincial Conference in San Diego, CA
Current Board Members
- John Phillips
- Carly Lundahl
- Dillon Alexander
- Rachel Greenberg
- Jahron Francis
- Barbara Lundquist, Administrative Associate, Undergraduate Programs, Eller College of Management
- Veronica Atondo, Leadership & Engagement Coordinator, Undergraduate Programs, Eller College of Management
For additional information, please contact Barbara Lundquist, Administrative Associate, Undergraduate Programs Office.