The Berger Student Leadership Center serves as the hub for The Federation of Eller Student Organizations. The Berger Student Leadership Center provides a means for student leaders to plan, coordinate and design programs to promote professional growth and community service. In addition to physical space, the Berger Student Leadership Center provides FESO members access to computers, a telephone, and storage.
Hours of Operation
The Berger Student Leadership Center hours operate according to the McClelland Hall building hours.
FESO executive board members will have access privileges to the Berger Student Leadership Center.
- The Berger Student Leadership Center is always locked and access is gained through the electronic CatCard swipe located outside the main double doors.
- Anyone found propping open a door or failing to close a door securely will lose all access privileges.
- The Berger Student Leadership Center is to be used for support of Eller student organizations including executive board meetings, project support, etc. It is NOT intended as a study lounge or class group meeting place.
- Student organizations are able to request the Berger Student Leadership Center for executive board meetings by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student organizations will be notified if their request was approved or denied.
- Reservations will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the Berger Student Leadership Center is very busy, organizations may be limited to a fair amount of reservations to accommodate all FESO requests.
- If the Berger Student Leadership Center is reserved for a FESO executive board meeting other student leaders need to be respectful and quiet during use.
- Please keep the Berger Student Leadership Center as clean and tidy as possible to help maintain a professional business appearance for visitors.
- Basic cleaning supplies are available under the sink and should be used to maintain cleanliness.
- Do not use nails, tacks or tape on the walls or doors of the Berger Student Leadership Center — bulletin and erasable boards should be used to post necessary items.
- Please keep in mind that the Berger Student Leadership Center is open to student leaders, faculty and staff at all times — please keep conversations at an appropriate level to maintain an office environment.
Computer Use Guidelines
- When a computer problem occurs in the Berger Student Leadership Center please notify email@example.com immediately; do NOT attempt to fix the problem on your own.
- Berger Student Leadership Center computers are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Student leaders have first priority for computer use.
- Computers that are not being used in the Berger Student Leadership Center may be used by authorized Undergraduate Programs staff members.
- Personal use of the Berger Student Leadership Center computers is strictly prohibited.
- Do not move Berger Student Leadership Center computers from their designated area — if special arrangements are needed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Installation of any software on the Berger Student Leadership Center computers is strictly prohibited unless otherwise authorized by the FESO Coordinator. The applications and software used the Berger Student Leadership Center are not to be duplicated, copied or transferred in any way — illegal duplication of software is a violation of University of Arizona policy and federal law; names of individuals violating these rules will be forwarded of the Dean of Students Office as a Student Code of Conduct violation.
LCD Projector and Screen Use and Contract
The Berger Student Leadership Center has a LCD Projector an Screen available for use by student organizations.
- FESO Presidents should request the LCD projector at least one week in advance — email@example.com will take reservations in person or by email and will notify Presidents if the dates requested are available.
- LCD Projector requests are on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Presidents must read and sign the LCD projector checkout contract and agreement — copies of the contract and agreement are available during checkout if needed.
Food and Beverage Policy
- As in all McClelland Hall rooms, food and beverages are not permitted in the Berger Student Leadership Center.
- For special events and/or programs please see firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Berger Student Leadership Center is stocked with basic operating supplies (pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, highlighters, tape, staplers, staples, 3-hole punch, bulletin board tacks, scissors, erasable markers).
- If supplies are low and more need to be ordered please submit your request to email@example.com.
- Basic operating supplies are paid for through FESO dues — these supplies are available to support the Berger Student Leadership Center and student organizations and should not be used for personal purposes.
- All FESO member organizations must have their entire executive board read and sign the Berger Student Leadership Center’s information and agreement for policies and procedures.
- Contracts must be received from all executive board members before a student organization is given access to the Berger Student Leadership Center.
- The BSLC contract is due along with the FESO application at the end of each Spring semester.
For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo of McClelland Hall courtyard by F. J. Gaylor.