The Pre-Business Academic Communities for Excellence (PACE) offer an amazing opportunity to live, learn, and socialize with your Pre-Business peers. PACE Residential Theme Communities feature a creative and high-energy environment with access to Peer Academic Leaders, Academic Advisors, student-faculty interaction, and professional development opportunities. All Eller Pre-Business first year students are encouraged to apply to be part of these communities.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, PACE Theme Communities will be located in Colonia de La Paz, Coronado Hall, Manzanita-Mohave, and Arbol de la Vida. Some communities offer more leadership development, but all of the PACE Theme Communities provide social learning communities in which Eller Pre-Business students can work together to be academically successful.
- Colonia de la Paz is the most comprehensive, interactive community for Eller Emerging Leaders as the inaugural Pre-Business living learning community. Colonia de la Paz is at the heart of the Highland residential district, a vibrant area of campus, and is able to accommodate 70 Pre-Business students. In this community, students will be engaged in more structured leadership development opportunities and enroll in a (1-unit) leadership class together (in the fall semester) as a part of this community experience.
- Top floor wings in Coronado and Manzanita-Mohave provide ideal locations for Pre-Business students to interact, study, and begin their Eller Experience. These 'penthouse' PACE Theme Communities will provide you with the opportunity to live in an engaged Pre-Business community and develop study groups for common classes.
- Honors Pre-Business students will be able to call the top-floor wing of Arbol de la Vida home as they live and learn together. The PACE Theme Community in Arbol de la Vida is for Pre-Business students admitted to The Honors College who are looking to be a part of a larger community of scholars.
Space is limited, so perspective students are encouraged to apply early to be a part of these PACE Communities. Preferred placement among the PACE locations cannot be guaranteed and are dependent on availability.
How to Apply
If you are an entering Pre-Business freshman and are interested in being part of an Eller PACE Community:
- Submit your housing application and fees to UA Residence Life.
- Submit the online application form below.
Applications will first be reviewed in January, and will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the spring semester until spaces are full.