A Global Business Thematic Minor
The Global Business Program is a customized 18-unit thematic minor program open only to Eller College students.
The Global Business Program compliments the experience of students who study abroad, as well as students who have an interest in international business, including those seeking knowledge specific to the global business environment.
Eller students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Global Business Program:
- Accepted into the Eller College of Management through professional admissions
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis (apply now)
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.9 or higher
Second Language Requirement: Second-semester proficiency in a second language is required. The second language requirement does not need to be completed before applying but does need to be completed prior to graduation.
Required Core Courses
- BNAD 449 International Business Environments - Fall semester
- BNAD 450 Principles of International Business - Spring semester
- One Upper Division (3 units)
- Three Lower Division (9 units)
Students are encouraged to take Global Business Program electives prior to applying.
Elective Unit Policy
- Tier One Gen Eds cannot be used towards Global Business Program electives
- Tier Two Gen Ed courses can be used to count towards Global Business Program electives
- However, only two of these classes will qualify for the Global Business Program
- No "double-dipping" of upper-division Eller College courses for Global Business Program electives
- Students are encouraged to take pre-approved Global Business Program courses while abroad
Global Business Program Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Global Business Program. Please follow these easy steps to complete your application:
1. Log into your eSMS Account
2. Use your NetID and Password
3. Go to: Applications
4. Click on: Global Minor
5. Click on: Add Global Business Minor
6. Follow the steps!
For additional information, please contact us.
Image of globe with South America and sunrise and luminous network courtesy Shutterstock.