Spring Graduation Events
Please read below for detailed information about spring graduation events:
Friday, May 12, 2017
McKale Memorial Center
- Convocation begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Graduating student check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. Graduates must be checked in by 1:30 p.m.
Convocation Web Form
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must use the convocation form.
The convocation form is available from TBD. Students will have an ample time period to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Spring Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the online College survey and convocation form, please follow these steps:
- Steps will be listed when the form is available to students!
- Check-in begins at 1:00 p.m.
- Graduates MUST check in before 1:30 p.m.
- Time of event is 2:00 p.m.
- Students MUST register prior to entering McKale Center in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- All students will sit in the student section on the floor of McKale and will be recognized individually in the order that you are seated.
- Graduating seniors will sit in McKale center organized by major.
- Guests DO NOT need to purchase tickets to attend.
- This event is open to any and all friends and family of Eller College graduating seniors.
- The doors to McKale Center will open one hour prior to start time to allow early seating of guests.
- Students are encouraged to dress professionally and wear any awards, such as cords for Beta Gamma Sigma or Honors College or your leadership stole from your student organization. Students can also wear a cap and tassel if they would like, but please no gowns.
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
Parking will be available to students, guests and visitors in visitor parking garages free of charge on a space available basis. We recommend that attendees of the Eller Convocation park in Cherry Ave and Sixth Street Garages.
Eller Ambassadors' Flowers
- Eller Ambassadors will be selling flowers for graduates or families before and after the ceremony: www.commencementflowers.org
- The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities. To request accommodations or ask questions regarding seating, email or call Sherry Santee, 520.626.5490 at the Disability Resource Center. Please contact Catherine Mazzola to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
Commencement will be Friday, May 12, 2017 in Arizona Stadium
This event is also open to anyone to attend. No tickets are required for guests, but an RSVP for a headcount is requested.
Go to http://commencement.arizona.edu and click the the RSVP link for undergraduate ceremony.
Log in in with your UA NetId and password and you will access the form that asks if the student will be attending, the college from which they will be graduating, and the number of guests (not including the student) who will attend the Stadium ceremony on Friday evening.
More information about Commencement is posted at:
Diplomas are not distributed at the event since undergraduates will be recognized by colleges rather than individually. Diplomas are typically mailed a few weeks after final grades are verified to your permanent address, which you can check on UAccess.
For additional information, please contact us.