Eller College Graduation Convocation
- Event begins at TBD. (usually lasts an hour and a half)
- STUDENTS CHECK IN ONE HOUR BEFORE EVENT START
- Note that UA no longer offers a university-wide commencement ceremony for December graduates. Students graduating in December are welcome to join the UA for May commencement ceremonies.
Convocation Web Form
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must submit the convocation surveys by the stated deadline. This deadline will allow students ample time to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Fall Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the online surveys once they are available, please follow the directions below. The online surveys are now available through eSMS.
To complete your RSVP once the RSVP has opened, graduates please login to eSMS and click on "Convocation" at the top of the page. Select the December 2019 ceremony and follow the steps as provided. The entire process should take no more than 15 minutes.
- Students MUST check-in prior to entering Centennial in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- The Student check-in tables will be located near the east side entrance of Centennial Hall.
- All students will sit in the student section and will be recognized individually in the order that you are seated.
- Graduating seniors may sit near friends within their major that are also graduating in any order.
- ALL guests will need a ticket to attend the event, however tickets are FREE. Instructions on how to pick up tickets will be provided to graduates.
- Students will be limited on the amount of tickets that they are allowed to request.
- The event will begin at TBD.; however, doors of Centennial Hall and the student registration tables will open one hour prior to the event start allow early seating of guests.
- PLEASE NOTE: Although guests must have tickets to enter Centennial Hall, all guest seating is general admission and is available on a first come - first served basis. Seats inside Centennial Hall are not assigned. We do permit saving of seats. We encourage guests to arrive early to have the best selection of seating location.
- Students are required to wear cap and gown and encouraged and wear any awards, such as cords for graduating from the honors college or your leadership stole from your student organization.
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
- Parking and Transportation Services provides complimentary parking for visitors attending Convocations on campus. Parking will be available in the Tyndall Garage and the Main Gate Garage on a space available basis.
- Please be aware that parking in the Zone 1 parking lots may be monitored until 5:00 p.m.
- For parking on campus, please visit https://parking.arizona.edu/parking/maps/
Eller Ambassadors' Flowers
- Eller Student Ambassadors will be selling flowers for graduates or families before and after the ceremony.
- The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities. Please visit https://commencement.arizona.edu/disability-related-access-convocations for information related to accessibility at our Undergraduate Convocation as well as at the University Wide Commencement. To request accommodations or ask questions regarding seating, please contact the UA Disability Resource Center at 520.621.3268. Please contact Catherine Mazzola to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
For additional information, please contact us.