February 25, 2018
May 26, 2018 - July 28, 2018
Cost:$5,695 (3 units); $6,195 (6 units)
Costs include: Tuition, housing and internship placement, orientation, welcome and farewell events, on-site staff support, city tour, and medical/accident insurance
Cost does not include: Round trip airfare, meals, local transportation and personal expenses
For More Information:
Offered through a partnership with CEA:
Photo of Prague courtesy Shutterstock.
Prague, Czech Republic
Info Session: Tuesday, February 6th at 5:00 PM in McClelland Hall 201A (Salter Seminar Room)
The Prague Internship Program is an eight-week summer program that provides students with the opportunity to work in the economic and cultural center of the Czech Republic.
With its recent re-emergence as one of Europe’s leading cities, Prague is a modern city that still retains its allure of a former age. By participating, students will have the ability to gain valuable work and life experiences while gaining insight into Prague’s culture, history and business.
Prague summer internships are unpaid and placements are made with an emphasis on balancing the needs of the student with those of the organization.
An important aspect of this program is flexibility. Prague offers infinite possibilities for prospective interns. If you are too narrow in where you would like to work or what you hope to accomplish, you will greatly limit your ability to successfully place you in an internship. Relevant academic studies or work experience in the field of the internship for which you are applying is required.
During the spring semester students correspond with the Internship Director in Prague through email correspondence in further discussion about internship placement. Final selection will be made in Prague on the basis of interviews with the CEA internship coordinator and the supervisor at the internship placement site.
Applicants are guaranteed an interview at a placement site, secured on the basis of interest and qualifications described on the submitted application. Specific placements cannot be guaranteed in advance, but every effort is made to place students in an organization that relates to his or her area of interest, experience and education.
The program is administrated by CEA Global Education. The CEA office provides you with access to computer labs, student lounge, Internet access and more. The office is staffed with several coordinators that:
- Arrange the internship placements
- Assign and maintain housing
- Supervise the academic program
- Provide and support student related activities
- Anglo-American University faculty, half locally based and half from abroad, will teach your AAU language courses and AAU elective courses
- Class size ranges between 20 to 30 students for AAU elective courses
- You will be in class with Czech and international students from the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world; over 50 different nationalities are represented
Summer Internship Housing
Students in Prague enjoy city-living apartments located in residential neighborhoods and within short distance from AAU and the CEA office. Apartments house five students, with two students being the minimum amount per unit and eight students the maximum.
- Internship Seminar (three units)
- Three units of general education credit (T2 HUMS or T2 ARTS)
- Both courses can be applied to the Global Business Program minor
Eligibility and Application Process
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior
- Valid passport
- Czech language proficiency not required
For additional information, please contact Elena Ioli.