The Portfolio Challenge
Eller students are invited to step into the shoes of a financial advisor and learn to invest money in today's market.
When will the challenge start?
- Kickoff Presentation: Thursday, Sept. 6, 5 - 7 p.m. in McClelland Hall Room 208A
- Final Application for Participation Deadline/1-2 Page Executive Summary Due: Tuesday, Sept. 18
- Paper Submissions Due/Final Analysis: Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Final Presentations: Thursday, Nov. 8, 5:00pm in McClelland Hall room 201A/B
- 5 - 7 pm: Presentations
- 7 - 8 pm: Networking, Refreshments and Awards Program
How it Works
"For a Fictitious Edward Jones client"
- Students form groups of two, three, or four participants
- Students are provided the case prior to kickoff meeting and have 10 days after the meeting to develop an executive summary
- Students' work, including supporting documentation, is judged by the review committee, and teams selected to continue have 2 weeks to develop a full analysis
- Up to five teams are chosen as finalists
- The top finalist teams will have three weeks to prepare their presentation
- Top finalist teams then present their solution to a panel of Eller Faculty and Edward Jones Professionals.
- A $1,000 prize for the winning team, $300 for the second place team, and $200 for the third place team.
Please fill out the form below with all team information.
Fields marked with * are required.