The application for the Business Administration evening program follows the regular Professional Admission process to the Eller College of Management in regards to requirements and timeline. In order to be eligibel to apply to the Business Administration major, applicants must:
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- Attend the Professional Admission Orientation.
- Submit the electronic application through eSMS.
- Attend a mandatory academic advising appointment
- Electronic application must be submitted through eSMS in order to schedule an advising appointment.
- The interview will be scheduled during the advising appointment.
- Turn in your completed application packet by the required deadline (late applications will not accepted). Application materials include:
- Web Cover Sheet (printed through eSMS after submission of electronic application)
- Two copies of resume and two copies of letter of intent which explains reason for pursuing a Business Administration degree, as well as personal accomplishments and career goals.
- International Applicants must submit official proof of high-level of English proficiency.
- Complete your professional interview with our Eller College Associates (we will schedule this interview time for you at your mandatory advising appointment).
- Complete a Skills Assessment Exam with a passing score of 75%.
- Applicants will be notified of the admission decision via email approximately two weeks after their interview.
Students have a maximum of two attempts at application to the Professional Program.
This includes instances of students not being admitted, loss of admission due to not completing all eligibility requirements, declining admission prior to starting the cohort, or dropping all classes during the first semester of the cohort. The process does not allow for deferment of admission. Students studying abroad the semester before starting the Professional Program will submit their application in absentia.
Students are conditionally admitted to both the College and the individual major.
The Eller College is committed to admitting a talented class to our cohort every semester. As such, admission to the college is based on both demands for the college and individual majors. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the Business Administration Evening Cohort, students participating in the Business Administration major will not be permitted to apply to change their major once starting the program. Students are encouraged to research their major choice carefully before submitting their completed application.
Students are conditionally admitted to the college based on five areas:
- All remaining foundation courses must be successfully completed with a passing (or transferable) grade at the end of the semester in which they are applying.
- Students who fail to complete their remaining foundation courses during the semester in which they apply will be removed from all or part of the Business Administration cohort.
- A total of 54 units must be completed at the end of the semester in which they are applying.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing in order to begin the Professional Program. Students who have a cumulative UA grade point average below 2.0 will be revoked.
- Students must pass the Skills Assessment Exam with a score of 75% or higher. Admitted students who score below this score will be required to re-take another assessment test. Students will be permitted to re-take the assessment test two times. If a satisfactory score is not earned after the second re-take attempt, then the original admission will be revoked and the applicant must re-apply for Professional Admission.
- Students must demonstrate professional competencies in the areas of a Resume, Letter of Intent, and Interview. Admitted students who score below a level determined to be satisfactory will be required to attend Professional Competency Workshops and complete any supporting assignments. Students who do not meet the competency requirements will be revoked and the applicant must re-apply for Professional Admission.
Differential Tuition Information
A professional program fee is assessed every semester to students in Eller's undergraduate professional program. Fees are subject to annual review and may change. During summer and winter sessions, students will incur an additional $20 per unit fee for all courses offered by Eller departments (both lower division and upper division).
For additional information, please contact us.