Pre-Business Academic Communities for Excellence (PACE) is a first-year experience program for Pre-Business Majors. All first year students are a part of a P.A.C.E. community based on their on or off campus housing assignment. Within their P.A.C.E. community, students are enrolled at their freshman orientation into common sections of core classes, such as Management Information Systems 111. Students are able to easily create meaningful academic relationships and social learning opportunities with their Pre-Business peers.
Features of P.A.C.E. for Students
All first-year Pre-Business students within P.A.C.E. have the benefit of these programs:
- A Peer Academic Leader (PAL) who is a successful sophomore or junior student within the Eller College of Management. A PAL can help a student navigate getting involved, how to do well in their classes, or general student advice. PALs also coordinate popular events throughout the year, such as exam reviews in common courses.
- Professional Academic Advising easily accessible, even in the Residence Halls, at peak times of the year or for group advising at students' requests.
- Commonly enrolled courses by PACE Community.
- Social Networking Tools- P.A.C.E. uses the group messaging platform Slack as a way for all P.A.C.E. students to communicate. All P.A.C.E. students are encouraged to join the P.A.C.E. Slack team (team domain: EllerPACE) via the Slack website or downloading the app. Students must use their Catmail to create their Slack account. Within Slack there are sub-groups that students may join based on their interests, classes, and P.A.C.E. community.
Additional Opportunities to Engage with P.A.C.E.
We want all P.A.C.E. students to engage actively with their P.A.C.E. community, such as planning gatherings, study groups, and requesting events for your community. However, we also have two structured ways for first year students to get more involved within P.A.C.E. and deepen their Eller Experience:
- Living within a P.A.C.E. Theme Community in a Residence Hall. Students can apply to live on the same floor with other Pre-Business majors in three different Residence Halls for the 2018-2019 academic year: Coronado Hall, Manzanita-Mohave, and Colonia de la Paz. Students who apply to live in Colonia de la Paz are our Eller Emerging Leaders and they take an additional leadership course together in the Fall semester.
- In the Fall semester, students can apply to participate in the Spring semester leadership development honorary P.A.C.E. PREMIER to further develop their leadership and professional development within small cohorts.
- Stephanie Hanson, Educational Specialist, Eller Undergraduate Programs
For additional information about the P.A.C.E. program, please email Stephanie Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.