Following a link below or scroll down for all requirements for Professional Admission to the Eller College of Management:
- General Requirements
- International/ESL Students
- Transfer Students
- Admission With Excellence
- Freshman Direct Admission
A $55 fee will be applied to all students submitting a Professional Admission application.
In order to be eligible to apply for Professional Admission to the Eller College of Management, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- GPA Requirement: Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 on 12 or more completed graded UA units (this minimum is subject to change in future semesters). If fewer than 12 UA units have been completed, a Transfer GPA will be calculated using coursework from all transfer institutions attended.
- Unit Requirement: Have completed a minimum of 42 units of work acceptable to The University of Arizona, and be on track to complete 54 credits by the end of the semester in which applying.
- Foundation Coursework Requirement: All applicants must be complete or in progress with the necessary Pre-Business Foundation Coursework. When calculating the Foundation GPA, all graded attempts at courses will be considered. All Foundation Courses must be successfully completed by the end of the regular semester in which a student applies. Students who do not pass any foundation courses which are in progress during the semester in which they apply will have their Professional Admission revoked. The following required courses must be complete or may be in progress as noted below:
- Accounting Sequence:
At least one complete and the other can be in progress. Acceptable courses include:
ACCT 200 and ACCT 210
- Business Math Sequence:
At least two complete and the other can be in progress. Acceptable courses include:
MATH 116, BNAD 276 and BNAD 277
Note: Math 116 can be replaced with an approved Calculus course
- Composition Sequence:
The final course in the sequence must be complete or in progress in order to be eligible to apply. Acceptable course sequences include:
ENGL 101 and ENGL 102 OR
ENGL 101A and ENGL 102 OR
ENGL 107 and ENGL 108 OR
ENGL 106, ENGL 107 and ENGL 108 OR
- Economics Sequence:
Course(s) can be complete or in progress. Acceptable course(s) include:
ECON 200 OR
ECON 201A and ECON 201B
- Management Information Systems Course(s):
Courses can be complete or in progress. Acceptable courses include:
MIS 111 and MIS 111L
- Business Communication Course:
Course is typically in progress the semester in which applying for Professional Admissions.
BCOM 214 is required for all students who began at the University of Arizona Fall 2015 or later.
- Accounting Sequence:
- Skills Assessment Exam: All applicants must successfully obtain a passing score of 75% (15/20) on the Skills Assessment Exam Applicants who are conditionally admitted will have three attempts to pass the exam.
- Good Academic Standing: Students must be in good academic standing (UA GPA of 2.0 or higher) at the UA in order to be eligible to start the cohort. Students may not start the upper-division cohort on Academic Probation (UA GPA below 2.0).
All students entering the Professional Program must possess a high level of language proficiency (speaking, writing, listening, and reading) and a high level of interpersonal competency for success and satisfaction. To achieve this, the following language-proficiency policy is in place.
To demonstrate receptive language proficiency (reading and listening), all International applicants (those who were admitted to The University of Arizona as an International student) must submit at least one of the following official proofs of high-level of English proficiency. Students MUST have completed this requirement and the official scores must be displayed in UAccess at the time of application:
- TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT (internet Based Test)
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
- CESL endorsement from level 8 or 9 in CESL's University Track prior to UA matriculation
- SAT Critical Reading at least 580 or ACT English at least 21 upon admission to the University
- Successful completion of the CESL Bridge Program with grades of C or higher in 15 credits
All International/ESL students must demonstrate productive verbal language proficiency (listening and speaking) in an interview setting, as well as written language proficiency (reading and writing) through a written assessment.
During the interview phase of the application process, International/ESL applicants will be interviewed by Eller College Associates and Business Communication staff/faculty who are specialists in language proficiency. The interview will include an evaluation of both oral and written competency. Based on the evaluation of an applicant’s language proficiency during the interview phase, one of the following recommendations will be made:
- High-Level Proficiency: Eligible for Admission. If admitted, no additional language support will be required. Students with high-level proficiency will be able to utilize continued drop-in support sessions during their first semester in the cohort.
- Mid-Level Proficiency: Eligible for Admission with Required Support. If admitted, completion of three mandatory Language Support Workshops (for a fee of $120, subject to change) will be required prior to starting the upper-division cohort. Participation in these three workshops is required in order to retain Professional Admission. Additionally, students with mid-level proficiency will be encouraged to utilize continued drop-in support sessions during their first semester cohort.
- Low-Level Proficiency: Admission Denied. To re-apply in a future semester, student will need: (a) complete the Eller Professional Language Skills Development Workshop for International Students (for a fee of $250, subject to change) and (b) re-evaluation of oral and written competency during the interview phase of the new application semester. Participation in these five workshops is required in order to be eligible to reapply for Professional Admission in a future semester.
Students must demonstrate Mid-Level or High-Level Proficiency in each of the following areas: speaking, writing, listening, and reading. Students who demonstrate language deficiencies and receive a Low-Level Proficiency evaluation in any of these areas will not be admissible to the Eller College.
- Transfer Students may apply for Professional Admission during their last semester at their Community College even if they have not been officially accepted to The University of Arizona. The University of Arizona application must be in progress at the time of application.
- All transferable attempted credits at all institutions of enrollment will be considered when calculating a Transfer GPA. To be eligible to apply, Transfer Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 Transfer GPA.
- Please review the foundation courses offered through Arizona's Community Colleges:
- Attend the Transfer Student Professional Admission Orientation. Click here to RSVP.
For more information, please refer to Admissions for Transfer Students.
For additional information or assistance, please contact us.