Eller College Professional Admissions
Eller College of Management degree programs require Professional Admission to the individual majors. This competitive and selective process is separate from the admission application to The University of Arizona. Please read below about:
- Eligibility Requirements and Application Process
- Cohort Options
- Criteria Considered
- Differential Tuition Surcharge Information
- Application Fee
Dates and times are subject to change; please check back again at the start of the Spring 2015 Semester.
- Wednesday, September 9th and Thursday, September 10th: Professional Admission Orientations
-- Honors Direct Admission Orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th at 5:00 pm (McClelland Hall Room TBA)
-- Transfer Student Information Session is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9th (McClelland Hall Room TBA-- students then attend general Orientation from 5:00 - 7:00 pm)
-- International/ESL Student Information Session is scheduled for Thursday, September 10th (4:00 pm, McClelland Hall TBA; students then attend general Orientation from 5:00 - 7:00 pm)
- Wednesday, September 9th: Application opens in eSMS at 5:00 pm
- Monday, September 14th through Friday, September 25th: Mandatory academic advising appointments (application must first be submitted online through eSMS)
- Tuesday, September 29th by 12:00 Noon: Application Due (McClelland Hall, Room 201)
Late applications are NOT accepted
- Friday, October 2nd, 2015: ESL (English as a Second Language) Professional Admission Interviews, Writing Assessment, and Skills Assessment for all students admitted as International Students (Interview and Writing Assessment times are scheduled during mandatory academic advising appointment)
- Skills Assessment for ESL/International Students will be held on Friday, October 2nd at 4:00 pm in McClelland 207 (Berger Auditorium)
- Saturday, October 3rd, 2015: Professional Admission Interviews and Skills Assessment for all applicants (Interview times are scheduled during mandatory academic advising appointment)
- Skills Assessment for all other students will be held on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 at 8:00 am (Social Sciences 100)
- Wednesday, October 14th, 2015, around 5:00 pm: Admission decision notifications will be sent on or around this date by email
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process
- Skills Assessment
- Professional Admission Packet
There are three cohort options to which students can apply:
Students to complete their cohort in the regular Fall/Spring semesters. Courses are available during the day. Majors available in this cohort include: Accounting, Business Economics, Business Management, Finance, Management Information Systems, Marketing and Operations Management.
Evening Cohort - only for summer admission
Students will complete their first semester of the cohort in the summer's Pre-Session term and continue throughout the duration of summer. This is an accelerated cohort and can be completed in as little as 14 months. Courses begin at 5:00pm in the evening and are not available during the day. Business Administration is the only major available during the accelerated evening program.
Global Cohort - only for summer admission
Students will complete their first semester cohort requirements in an international emerging market in the Summer semester. Remaining semesters will be held in Tucson under the traditional cohort model. Majors available in this cohort include: Accounting, Business Economics, Business Management, Finance, Management Information Systems, Marketing and Operations Management.
Online Cohort - Note: separate application process and timeline
Students will complete their upper-division courses fully online. Business Administration is the only major available during the accelerated evening program. Students are eligible to start the Eller Online Undergraduate program in Fall, Spring, or Summer. The Online Cohort is designed to be completed in 4 semesters, with 12 credits per semester. Please review the UA Online Information to determine if a UA Online degree is right for you.
The Eller College Professional Program seeks students with intellectual and interpersonal abilities that will contribute to the Eller College's academic and co-curricular programs, as well as those students who demonstrate strong leadership potential and have a high potential for success in the professional management field. The admission process is competitive and selective. Candidates are evaluated in the following areas:
- Cumulative UA GPA
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 GPA in order to be eligible to apply. A Transfer GPA will be calculated for all transfer students who have earned less than 12 credits at UA.
- Pre-Business Foundation GPA
- Performance in Pre-Business Foundation courses is competitive and includes all previous attempts at coursework.
- The calculation of the foundation course GPA does include grades from transferred coursework, although these grades do not affect the UA cumulative GPA.
- Letter of Intent, Resume, and Interview
- Candidates are encouraged to demonstrated leadership, work experience, community service, and involvement in co-curricular activities
- Students are encouraged to utilized resources and Career Coaching offered through the Eller Professional Development Center.
Students entering the Professional Program must possess a high level of language proficiency (speaking, writing, listening, and reading) and a high level of interpersonal competency for success and satisfaction in not only the academic environment but also in today’s global business environments (see eligibility requirements for more information).
One of our goals is a diverse student body. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to U.S. citizens and others who are otherwise qualified to hold permanent employment in the U.S.
Students must begin the professional program in the semester for which they apply. Professional Admission status cannot be deferred to a future semester.
Applicants for the Eller Online Undergraduate cohort will go through a slightly different application process.
A professional program fee is assessed every semester to students in Eller's undergraduate professional program. Fees are subject to annual review and may change. During summer and winter sessions, students will incur an additional $20 per unit fee for all courses offered by Eller departments (both lower division and upper division). See Differential Tuition Surcharge for more information.
A $55 fee will be applied to all eligible students submitting a Professional Admissions application. The fee will be charged to the Bursar Account of all UA students. Transfer Students who do not have a UA Bursar Account must pay the fee with a check or money order when they submit their application.
Applicants for the Eller Online Undergraduate Cohort will be assessed the $55 fee at the time of enrollment.