Eller College of Management BA Economics requires Advanced Standing to the upper-division curriculum.
This selective process is separate from the admission application to the University of Arizona. The web-application is closed and will reopen in Fall 2018.
Follow a link below or scroll down to view details on Eller College Advanced Standing to BA Economics:
- Eligibility Requirements and Application Process
- Criteria Considered
- Differential Tuition Surcharge
Dates and times are subject to change; please check back again at the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester to confirm dates.
|Fall 2018 Date & Time||Advanced Standing Activity|
|TBD||Mandatory Academic Advising Appointments
To schedule an appointment, applications must first be submitted online through eSMS
|TBD||Professional Admission Application Deadline
McClelland Hall Room 201
Late applications are NOT accepted; students must submit hard-copies and upload materials online through eSMS Admissions portal
|TBD||Admission Decision Notifications Sent by Email to applicants University of Arizona CatMail
Time and date are approximate and subject to change
Follow the links below for complete professional admission eligibility requirements and application process:
The Eller College Professional Program seeks students with intellectual and interpersonal abilities that will contribute to the Eller College's academic and co-curricular programs, as well as those students who demonstrate strong leadership potential and have a high potential for success in the professional management field. The admission process is selective. Candidates are evaluated in the following areas:
- Cumulative UA GPA
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in order to be eligible to apply. A Transfer GPA will be calculated for all transfer students who have earned less than 12 credits at UA.
- Pre-Economics Foundation Courses
- Students must complete required Pre-Economics Foundation courses, or be in the process of completing courses during the semester in which they apply.
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Candidates are encouraged to demonstrate leadership, work experience, community service, and involvement in co-curricular activities
- Students are encouraged to utilize resources and Career Coaching offered through the Eller Professional Development Center.
One of our goals is a diverse student body. Among equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to U.S. citizens and others who are otherwise qualified to hold permanent employment in the U.S.
A professional program fee is assessed every semester to students in Eller's undergraduate professional program. Fees are subject to annual review and may change. During summer and winter sessions, students will incur an additional $20 per unit fee for all courses offered by Eller departments (both lower-division and upper-division). See Differential Tuition Surcharge for more information.
For additional information, contact us.