Become an Eller student!
Attend a Change of Major Information Session with the Eller College to change to or add the Pre-Business and/or Pre-Economics Major.
Welcome! We are excited about your interest in Pre-Business and/or Pre-Economics. During the fall and spring semesters, current UA students who wish to change to or add Pre-Business and/or Pre-Economics in the Eller College of Management must attend a Change of Major Information Session and have a qualifying GPA. International/ESL students must also have an additional qualifying English language proficiency score in UAccess to change to or add Pre-Business.
Change of Major Information Session
Change of Major Information Sessions, during the fall and spring semesters, take place in McClelland Hall Room 204. The 1-hour information session is tailored for current non-Pre-business and/or non-Pre-Economics Majors that:
- Would like to change their current major to Pre-Business and/or Pre-Economics; or
- Would like to add Pre-Business and/or Pre-Economics as a secondary degree
Interested students must RSVP and attend a Change of Major Information Session and bring with them a current Advisement Report.
To locate and print the Advisement Report:
- Log into UAccess with your UA Net ID and password
- Click on the “Advisement Report” option in the drop-down menu
- Click on the “View Report as PDF” tab
- Consider printing double sided, or 2 pages per sheet to reduce paper usage
To find the next available information session or RSVP for a Change of Major Information Session:
- Click on the red "Advising: Schedule your Session in eSMS" button on the Undergraduate Programs home page or click here.
- Log in using your UA Net ID and password.
- From your eSMS Profile page select "New RSVP" from the top menu.
- Select "Information Sessions" in the drop down menu, then click "Begin Search".
- If information sessions are available, select the one of your choice (Note: Change of Major Information Sessions will be posted separately for Pre-Business and Pre-Economics; be sure to select the right desired major)
- During the summer, if there are no information sessions available, please schedule an advising appointment with an academic advisor.
Requirements To Change/Add Major
|Minimum GPA||2.75 (if new student, no GPA minimum is required)||2.5 (if new student, no GPA minimum is required)|
|English Proficiency for International Students||
International students intending to change to Pre-Business must have one of the following scores posted in UAccess:
|Upper Division Admissions||Admission to upper-division Business Professional Program requires a professional application. To review the application requirements and procedures, visit the Professional Admissions section of this website.||Admission to BA ECON’s upper-division Program requires an Advanced Standing application. To review the application requirements and procedures, visit the Advanced Standing section of this website.|