The management minor is a customized 18-unit program available only to non-Eller Students.
The majority of classes are only offered during summer sessions; however, the minor can be completed over multiple summers.
- Six three-unit courses (18 units total)
- Minimum nine units upper division coursework
- At least nine units must be completed in residence at the University of Arizona
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) needed in minor
- Most courses offered during summer sessions
- Can be used as a part of the interdisciplinary degree program (IDS)
- Can be taken along with business administration minor or marketing minor (coursework cannot double dip)
- Students need to choose between the management minor and the sports management minor
Management Minor Coursework
Required Units: Students will complete the following two courses (6 units):
- ECON 200 Basic Economic Issues
- ACCT 200 Introduction to Financial Accounting (Available to non-Eller students in spring, summer, and winter sessions only) or ACCT250 Survey of Accounting
Students will choose four of the following courses (12 units):
- BNAD 302 Human Side of Organizations
- MGMT 351 Sports Administration and Planning
- MGMT 352 Sport Tourism and Event Management
- MGMT 353 Sports Negotiation and Compliance
- MGMT 354 Business of College Sports
- MGMT 356 Sports Communication
- MGMT 359 Special Topics in Sports Management
- MKTG 355 Sports Marketing Management
Note: Students who are also completing the business administration minor cannot apply ECON 200, ACCT 200/250, and/or BNAD 302 to both the sports management minor and the business administration minor. Courses can only be applied to a single minor.
For more information, contact Franklin Barile, Eller business management advisor.
For additional information, please contact us.