The finance minor is a customized 18-unit program available only to non-Eller Students. The curriculum is designed with two prerequisite courses to be taken during the academic year, with four core courses to be taken during the summer.
The goal of the finance minor program is to promote financial literacy. In an increasingly complex financial environment, university graduates in all disciplines will require financial management knowledge and understanding in both their professional careers and their personal lives. Specifically, young professionals must know financial terminology, how to manage budgets, how to carefully invest money and resources, and how to analyze financial decisions. In short, they need to know how to make informed financial decisions for their professional and personal lives.
Requirements and Policies
- Students must have completed college algebra or higher math to be eligible for admission.
- Six three-unit courses (18 units total).
- Minimum nine units upper division coursework.
- At least nine units must be completed in residence at the University of Arizona.
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) needed in minor.
- Can be taken along with business administration minor, management minor, marketing minor, or sports management minor.
- Eller does not permit double use of courses in their majors or minors with majors or minors outside of the College. Unique units are required for the student’s major and minor.
- The Finance minor is also available through the Arizona Online campus.
Sign up for the Finance Minor
Students must be accepted to the finance minor through an application process.
Early Application deadline: November 9th, 2018 for the Summer 2019 program.
For more information, please contact Andrea Wright, Eller finance advisor.
For more information, please contact us.