Freshmen Direct Admission is a program designed to recognize high school students for their academic achievement and encourage them to excel in their academics and Pre-Business Foundation courses while at the University of Arizona.
Students are identified at the point of admission to The University of Arizona and are part of this program beginning their freshmen year. More information will be shared at the point of admission to The University of Arizona and throughout the semesters leading up to the students application for Professional Admissions.
Students qualify for this program by achieving both:
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.8*+
- unweighted GPA's are on a 4.0 scale, no additional grade points are awarded for AP or honors coursework
- ACT score of 26+ or SAT of 1260+
* The high school GPA calculation is based on the following required core academic courses:
- English (4 units/years)
- Math (4 units/years)
- Laboratory sciences (3 units/years)
- Social sciences (2 units/years)
- Second language (2 units/years)
- Either fine arts or career and technical education (1 unit/year)
Students retain their Freshmen Direct Admission status if they:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application for Professional Admissions
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 pre-business foundation GPA at the time of application for Professional Admissions
- Schedule and attend academic advising appointment once per semester
Students who meet the above criteria will be guaranteed Professional Admission to the Eller College.
There will be a required advising appointment (following submission of the online application through eSMS) where we will confirm your status. Although admission to the Eller College is guaranteed for Freshmen Direct Admission applicants, each student is still expected to meet all stated deadlines and requirements throughout the Professional Admission process. Freshman Direct applicants will participate in a customized interview experience and will be expected to complete a skills assessment assignment in place of the exam.
Any questions concerning eligibility for Freshmen Direct Admission should be directed to Elise Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org.