Spring 2018 Admission With Excellence Professional Admissions Orientation
Last names A-M*:
Wednesday, January 24th
5:00 - 7:00 pm
Harvill Room 302
Last names N-Z*:
Thursday, January 25th
5:00 - 7:00 pm
McClelland Hall Room 201A/B
*If you have a class conflict with your assigned night, please RSVP and attend the other Orientation session.
A Professional Admission Orientation session for students who believe that they qualify for Admission With Excellence will be held concurrently with the general orientation session. If you believe that you meet the qualifications for Admission With Excellence, please plan to attend this smaller session to learn more about how the process will look slightly different for you.
Casual attire is appropriate for the Professional Admission orientation.
How to RSVP:
- Click here to go to eSMS
- Log in with your Net ID and password
- Click Continue
- Select "New RSVP" tab
- Select "Professional Admissions" as the event type
- Select the date you are attending
Admission With Excellence
The Admission with Excellence initiative was designed to recognize the academic efforts of all high-achieving Eller Pre-Business students and support them in their Professional Development during their time at the University of Arizona as they prepare for future career opportunities.
Students qualify for Admission with Excellence if they:
- Maintain a minimum 3.75 Cumulative GPA at the time of application, based on a minimum of 12 graded credits at The University of Arizona
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 Foundation GPA at the time of application
- International students must complete ENGL 101 and 102 or ENGL 109H at The University of Arizona in order to be eligible for Admission with Excellence
Students who meet the above criteria will be guaranteed:
- Professional Admission to the Eller College
- First choice of major
- Exempt from Skills Assessment Exam
- Professional Admission interview by someone in their field of interest
Due to the unique nature of the Global Cohort, these applicants will be asked to participate in the Global Cohort interviews.
Students who believe that they meet the requirements for Admission with Excellence should attend the AWE Professional Admission Orientation, submit the online application through eSMS, and then meet with an Academic Advisor. The Professional Admission timeline and process will look slightly different for students who meet the qualifications for Admission With Excellence. More information will be shared at the required advising appointment (following submission of the online application through eSMS). Although admission to the Eller College is guaranteed for Admission With Excellence applicants, each student is still expected to meet all stated deadlines and requirements throughout the Professional Admission process.
Any questions concerning eligibility for Admission with Excellence may be directed to Laura Ullrich at email@example.com.