Are you interested in using the skills you’re learning in Eller classes to make your community a better place to live and work? Do you have a passion for affecting positive social impact in the world around you? If so, consider pursuing the Eller Social Innovation (ESI) undergraduate Certificate in Social Innovation.
ESI is an Eller initiative that provides information, people, partnerships, resources, and tools to Southern Arizona social change makers, while fostering skill development and civic responsibility in UA students.
These activities will lead to:
• Students and social impact professionals growing stronger skill sets.
• Nonprofits and others expanding their capacity to improve our community.
Eller Social Innovation Certificate (ESI) for Eller Students
The ESI Certificate is a customized 9 unit Certificate available to current Eller BSBA students only. The ESI certificate may be added to any Eller BSBA major.
Eller Social Innovation (ESI) Certificate coursework
Three courses (nine units total) must be completed from the following five courses:
- ENTR 380: Social Innovation Organizations (3 units), offered fall and spring
- ENTR 381: Management of Effective Nonprofit Organizations (3 units), offered fall only
- ENTR 382: Nonprofit Consulting (3 units), offered fall and spring
- ENTR 488: Social Entrepreneurship (3 units), offered fall only
- BNAD 455: Small Business Development and Consulting (3 units), offered spring only
***Management majors can double-dip ESI certificate courses with Management electives required for their major.
Thank you for your interest in the Eller Social Innovation Certificate. Apply now: