Spring Graduation Events
Updated Feb 28, 2014
Please read below for detailed information about graduation events:
Friday, May 16, 2014
Tucson Convention Center
- Convocation begins at 1 P.M.
Convocation Web Form
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must submit the Convocation Web Form sometime between Friday, March 14, 2014 and Friday, April 18, 2014. This allows students an ample time period to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Spring Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the on-line college survey and Convocation Form, please follow these directions. The online form will be available from March 14, 2014 through April 18, 2014.
- Go to the Undergraduate Programs home page
- Click on the "eSMS ADVISING APPOINTMENT" box (you do not need to schedule an appointment to complete this process) or click here
- Log in using your student id and pin # and click LOGIN
- When you get to the Undergraduate Scheduling System, there should be a tab at the top titled "CONVOCATION". Click here.
- Follow the instructions from this point to submit your information. To complete this web form, you will be asked to complete an on-line senior survey as well.
- Please submit your information by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 18, 2014.
- Check-In will begin at 12:00 P.M.
- Time of event is 1:00 P.M.
- Students MUST register prior to entering TCC in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- All students will sit in the student section on the floor of TCC and will be recognized individually in the order that you are seated.
- Graduating seniors may sit near friends that are also graduating in any order.
- Guests DO NOT need to purchase tickets to attend.
- This event is open to any and all friends and family of Eller College graduating seniors.
- The doors to TCC will open one hour prior to start time to allow early seating of guests.
- Students are encouraged to dress professionally and wear any awards, such as cords for Beta Gamma Sigma or honors college or your leadership stole from your student organization (no caps and gowns).
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
- More Information to Come
Eller Ambassadors' Flowers
- The Eller Student Ambassadors will be selling flowers for graduates or families before and after the ceremony.
- The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities.
To request accommodations or ask questions regarding seating, email or call Sherry Santee, (520) 626.5490 at the Disability Resource Center.
Please contact Catherine Mazzola to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
Saturday, May 17, 2014
- 7:30 pm
This event is also open to anyone to attend. No tickets are required for guests, but an RSVP for a headcount is requested.
Go to http://commencement.arizona.edu/ and click the link that says RSVP for undergraduate ceremony.
Login in with your UA NetId and password and you will access the form that asks if the student will be attending, the college from which they will be graduating and the number of guests (not including the student) who will attend the Stadium ceremony on Friday evening.
More information about Commencement is posted at:
Diplomas are not distributed at the event since undergraduates will be recognized by colleges rather than individually. Diplomas are typically mailed a few weeks after final grades are verified to your permanent address, which you can check on student link under personal information.
For additional information, please contact us.