Winter Graduation Events
Updated July 25, 2013
Please read below for detailed information about graduation events:
Friday, December 20, 2013
- Event begins at 5:30 p.m. (usually lasts an hour and a half)
- STUDENTS CHECK IN EARLY AT 4:30 P.M.
Convocation Web Form
In order to be recognized as a graduating senior at this event, all students must submit the Convocation Web Form sometime between November 1st and November 25th. This allows students ample time to submit information and a quote to be displayed while being recognized on stage. An email will be sent via the Fall Grad Listserv when the web form is available for students to access.
To compete the on-line college survey and Convocation Form, please follow these directions. The online form will be available from November 1st through November 25th
- Go to the Undergraduate Programs home page
- Click on the "eSMS ADVISING APPOINTMENT" box (you do not need to schedule an appointment to complete this process) or click here
- Log in using your student id and pin # and click LOGIN
- When you get to the Undergraduate Scheduling System, there should be a tab at the top titled "CONVOCATION". Click here.
- Follow the instructions from this point to submit your information. To complete this web form, you will be asked to complete an on-line senior survey as well.
- Please submit your information by 5 p.m. on November 25, 2013.
- Students MUST register prior to entering Centennial in order to be recognized personally, on stage, during the ceremony.
- The Student registration tables will be located near the ticket window of Centennial Hall.
- All students will sit in the student section and will be recognized individually in the order that you are seated.
- Graduating seniors may sit near friends that are also graduating in any order.
- Guests DO NOT need to purchase tickets to attend.
- This event is open to any and all friends and family of Eller College graduating seniors.
- The event will begin at 5:30 pm, however the doors of Centennial Hall and the student registration tables will open at 4:30 pm to allow early seating of guests.
- Students are encouraged to dress professionally and wear any awards, such as cords for Beta Gamma Sigma or graduating from the honors college or your leadership stole from your student organization (no caps and gowns).
- Typical guest attire is nice/casual.
- Parking and Transportation Services provides complimentary parking for visitors attending Convocations on campus. Designated Convocation parking areas and times will be determined in December, and are generally one hour in advance of the Convocation at the nearest parking garage.
- Please be aware that parking in the zone 1 parking lots may be monitored until 5 p.m.
- For parking on campus, please visit http://parking.arizona.edu/maps.
Eller Ambassadors' Flowers
- The Eller Student Ambassadors will be selling flowers for graduates or families before and after the ceremony.
- The University is committed to full access to all its programs and activities.
To request accommodations or ask questions regarding your processional route and seating, email or call Sherry Santee, (520) 626.5490 at the Disability Resource Center.
Please contact Catherine Mazzola to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
Saturday, December 21, 2013
For more information about the Saturday event, contact the Dean of Students Office.
For additional information, please contact us.