Career and Professional Development Study Tours
New York City
The Eller College of Management presents a unique opportunity for students in The Eller College of Management to meet professionals living and working in New York City.
Our goal is to present a unique opportunity for undergraduate students at the Eller College of Management within the University of Arizona to meet with Eller alumni and business professionals working in New York City and to tour a wide variety of industries and work settings throughout the city. This tour will give students insight into life after graduation and will present them with valuable networking opportunities.
Accepted students will take a semester long academic course that culminates with this weeklong study and networking experience, which will give students a great opportunity to come into contact with what the business world is like in a large city. In the end, we hope that students will gain more insight into the importance of company culture and gain an understanding of the variety of career opportunities in and around New York City.
- Conducted over the University of Arizona's Spring Break week
- 3-4 company site visits scheduled per day
- Scheduled group meetings, site-seeing tours, and tour culmination dinner
- 1-3 units of academic credit will be earned during the Spring semester
Students must be enrolled at The University of Arizona, and be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Information sessions are conducted the Fall semester prior to the tour
- Submit the application including a short essay and resume
- Meet with the Program Coordinator to discuss the program and academic course details
- Submit all deposits and payments to secure spot
- Attend pre-departure meetings during the Spring semester
Total expenses including personal expenses should be approximately $1,500:
- Program Fee**: $550: non-refundable deposit
- Hotel: $450: shared room of four approximately $300 for 5 nights plus tax
- Roundtrip Airfare: $350: varies depending on airline and timing
- Meals: $200: at $40/day
* Costs are approximate as they vary depending on timing, booking, year, number of student attending, etc.
** Program Fee includes: 1-3 units of academic credit, pre-departure meetings, local transportation, airport shuttle to/from hotel, required group outings and dinners, Eller College embroidered Polo shirt, submission of resume into resume book, and program of activities. Program fee does not include: hotel, roundtrip airfare, meals, and personal expenses.
A hotel will be identified for participant housing. As this program is highly structured and constructed around site visits throughout the greater New York/Manhattan area, it is required that students stay in the designated hotel. When you register for the program, we will be following up with you to give detailed information about the hotel and identify roommates. A credit card will be needed to hold the hotel room and students will pay the hotel directly.
Companies Visited on Past Tours
- Warburg Pincus
- The Federal Reserve
- mtvU Networks
- United Nations
- Merrill Lynch
- Standard and Poor's
- Deutsche Bank Securities
- Citi Investment Banking Division
- Microsoft Business Division
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of New York
- Carat USA
- New York Mercantile
- Gibbs & Soell
- Goldman Sachs
- ABC Radio
- Macy's Merchandising Group
- Navigent Consulting
- AlpInvest Partners
- New York Times
Here’s what some of our students had to say about the program:
"An exceptional learning experience that is unattainable in the classroom. The commitment to the college by our alumni in NY, particularly Lloyd Otani, is truly inspirational. I plan to build on the groundwork laid by these visionaries when my career takes me to that beautiful city."
- Randy Lee
"The [New York Study] Tour was an amazing experience that provided me an opportunity to experience first hand the most influential financial area in the world. I saw the evolution of such major things as the New York Stock Exchange and the Fed; as well as where the trends of corporate philosophy and behavior come from and are going."
- Lane Gaddy
"It was an experience that I will never forget."
- Kris French
For more information or questions, please contact us.