An internship is a work-related learning experience for individuals who wish to develop hands-on work experience in a certain occupational field. Most internships are temporary assignments that last approximately three months up to a year.
An internship is any career-related experience that enhances a student's understanding of his or her career field of choice while offering a directed learning component to the experience. All majors are strongly encouraged to gain career experience in their field of interest prior to graduation.
The internship may or may not be for academic credit (that is strictly determined by each academic department — see your advisor). Some internships are paid, and some are not. Some are full-time positions for a semester, two semesters, or even a full year, while others are part-time and take place concurrently while the student is enrolled in other classes.
Earn Academic Credit for your Internship
- Can I earn academic credit for my internship?
- Why should I earn academic credit for my internship?
- How do I apply for internship credit?
- What kind of academic responsibilities are associated with internship credit?
- What are the steps for Internship Credit approval?
- View information about earning internship credit
Internship Search Strategies
- How can I find a valuable internship experience?
- What campus resources are available to me?
- What is the Eller Career News ?
- What online resources are available to me?
- How can student organizations help me get an internship?
- View information about internship search strategies
Eller Domestic Internship Program through Dream Careers
- All-inclusive, fee-based summer internship program
- Offers living and interning experiences in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Boston, and Miami
- Provides guaranteed internship placement, housing, planned program events to the best tourist attractions in the area, a weekly seminar series, and daily transportation to and from work
- View information about the Eller Domestic Internship Program
For additional information, please contact us.